Friday, January 2, 2015

DLP 2015 Week 1 - Goals

Hi there! I'm here today with my pages for week 1 of this year's Documented Life Project! Art Journaling has become such a part of my art over the past year, and I'm really excited to start a few new challenges this year! I tried to get in to the DLP last year, but it was centered around a planner and I didn't like that aspect of the challenge. So this year, it's an art journal, and you can add planner pages if you want, but don't have to! I'm using the large Dylusions journal this year, as are most people in the challenge. This is such a great journal, I have two of the big ones and three of the small ones, love them:) This week, we're to use book pages to fill the blank page and the journal prompt is "Be Your Own Goal Keeper"


I gesso'd both pages first, then collaged some book paper and then painted and stenciled over the book paper. I did some hand written journaling, big and loopy and messy so you can't really read it, unless you really try haha! I wrote my goals on a card under the tag flap that says "goals". Those are more private so I have them hidden. 




Here's a link to the Art 5 site, I think you need to register to be a member, but the website and challenge are all free! Let me know in the comments if you're also playing along this year! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

aw, Schmoopy, this is a gorgeous layout! I LOVE your loopy writing! I didn't get as much time in the studio as I would have liked over the holidays, but once my Masters is done in June, I'll have lots of free time! Heading down to play with some water colours now…you are always an inspiration! ox