Saturday, March 1, 2014

Inspiration

Good morning and happy Saturday! A couple days ago, after an unusually stressful day at work, I came home and wanted to get messy inky, so I did some faux water coloring with distress inks to create this background!


I've been loving this technique lately, you can create any color backgrounds you want! The white ink splats in the background is from a fun set by Neat and Tangled called Ink Splash. I embossed them in white ink on my watercolored background. After that, I added this fun graph stamp from a set by MFT. I inked up the graph stamp in white ink and then randomly stamped it around the card.


I didn't have a real plan for this card, it was completely free-style and just went where it took me, so I didn't know what kind of sentiment to use. I decided on this one from MFT's sentiment line, but can't find it on the website. I embossed the one sentiment in two different colors by masking off each section and pouring embossing powder on each line separately. I finished it off by tying some twine around the card front and adding some tiny rhinestones. 

Thanks for stopping by today, hope you have fun plans for the weekend!


2 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Totally fun!! LOVE IT!

Baltimore Mediation said...

Appreciate your bllog post